How to make the most of your small lot with a Now Living home
Narrow lots are trending and Perth home builders and buyers are getting creative when it comes to making the most out of their allotted space. As experts in Narrow lot home designs, we’ve put together some tips on to get as much out of every square inch of your new home as possible.
The narrow lot trend
Small lot housing has become a big trend here in Perth. With consumer needs and lifestyles changing, the average lot size is decreasing and we’ve seen the emergence of creative and innovative designs that maximise the use of space in small lot homes. But what brought about these smaller block sizes in the first place? Some of the main contributors towards the narrow lot trend include:
- Affordability: Increasing land prices means developers have to innovate to ensure access to adjust to market conditions.
- Availability: As our population grows, the diversity of options in the residential land is necessary.
- Liveability: Today many young people and downsizers are looking for low maintenance living and narrow lot homes allow for a lock and leave lifestyle.
Maximising space inside the home
Narrow lot homes offer an exciting opportunity to flex your creative muscles. Some top interior design tips for maximising the space inside your home include:
- Declutter: Nothing makes a room look smaller than when it’s crammed with too much furniture and knick-knacks. So instead, choose a minimalist style with small, low-set furniture.
- Go vertical: Utilising the walls will not only free up floor space but will also raise your gaze and draw attention away from the closeness of the walls. One way to achieve this is by decorating with artwork or shelves, or a vertical indoor garden!
- Lighten up: It’s a well-known fact that lighter colours tend to make a room look bigger. By painting the walls and ceiling a lighter shade and using minimal window coverings to let as much light in as possible, you’ll be able to brighten up the room and make it seem more spacious.
- Have a focus: Having a focus that the eye is immediately drawn to adds depth to the room. Putting a large rug in the centre of the room will visually break up the floor and make the room seem larger than it actually is, or use mirrors to accentuate the space.
Maximising space outside the home
At Now Living, have a range of home designs to suit Narrow Lots with. clever design, location and affordability front of mind.
Our extensive R&D into our narrow lot home designs means you don’t have to compromise on the quality, space and liveability of your new home.
So how do we utilise the space with innovative design ideas? Some of the elements we take into account when designing smaller lot homes include:
- Natural light and ventilation
- Privacy and outlook
- Living space
We also take a collaborative approach with developers to ensure more efficient use of land, improved visual amenity and that the end product exceeds expectations.
Now Living is committed to providing Perth homebuyers with innovative housing solutions that offer a smarter, more affordable way of buying. Have a chat to us today.