What Exactly is a Ready-Built Home?
Table of Contents
What Exactly is a Ready-Built Home?
A ready-built home is a new home that is complete and move-in ready. It’s sometimes called a turnkey home however you are getting more than just the home. Once you’ve bought one, all you need to do is bring your furniture and move in!
The alternative to a ready-built/turnkey home is designing and building a new. A common misconception is that all new homes will be move-in ready when they are handed over to buyers by builders. That’s not necessarily the case. Many standard house and land packages don’t include so important home inclusions, like:
- carpets and other flooring,
- internal painting,
- wet area tiling
- paving, and
- a clothesline.
All of these essential items are included in a Now Living home. When we say that all of our homes are move-in ready, we mean it!
What are the benefits of a ready-built home?
The benefits of a ready-built/turnkey home include:
- the ability to move in sooner,
- Having an newly built established home to move into
- The opportunity to buy now, and pay later while under construction
- an upfront, fixed purchase price
- it will have all the things you need completed and included in your building contract.
Where can I buy a ready-built home?
At Now Living, we currently have ready-built/turnkey house and land packages available in the following locations across Perth:
- the Emerald Park Estate in Wellard – 1 complete home available now to move into
- the Millars Landing Estate in Baldivis – 1 complete home available now to move into
- the Karmara Estate in Piara Waters – 2 currently under construction, buy now, pay later option
- the Ariella Estate in Brabham – 1 complete home available now to move into, plus another under construction
- the Harrisdale Green in Harrisdale – 1 complete home available now to move int.o
The Emerald Park Estate
The Emerald Park Estate in Wellard is only 30 minutes from the Perth CBD in a secluded natural environment. Despite its tranquil location, it has all the amenities you need, including its own primary school, childcare centre, parks, playgrounds and the nearby Wellard train station.
The Millars Landing Estate
Thanks to the Millars Landing Estate, the Balvidis region is now one of the fastest growing in Western Australia. It’s about 35 minutes from the Perth CBD but it’s just 10 minutes from the Rockingham Beach Foreshore. The Foreshore is currently undergoing a major revitalisation project that will include the building of a grassed amphitheatre facing the beach, a lookout point, and an expanded boardwalk.
The Millars Landing Estate is also close to schools, transport and the Baldivis Town Centre, where you can access all the essential services you’d expect, including medical facilities.
The Karmara Estate
The Karmara Estate in Piara Waters is just 15 minutes from the Perth CBD, but it’s also nestled among the peaceful surrounds of the Piara Nature Reserve and other parkland areas. In addition, it has several primary and high schools nearby, as well as major shopping precincts and essential services.
The Ariella Estate
The Ariella Estate in the leafy suburb of Brabham is where more and more people are choosing to live. Brabham was the fastest growing Perth suburb in terms of real estate values in 2018. Not only is it on the doorstep of the Swan Valley, it has major links to both Reid and Tonkin Highways, making it very accessible. It’s about 30 minutes from the Perth CBD.
Brabham also has a growing number of amenities and major infrastructure development underway. It is scheduled to get its own primary school and shopping centre in the near future. The school is scheduled to open in 2021. The shopping centre will contain a supermarket, 15 speciality shops and both medical and childcare centres.
How much are ready-built homes?
- $299,000 at the Emerald Park Estate in Wellard.
- $330,000 at the Millars Landing Estate in Baldivis,
- $485,000 at the Karmara Estate in Piara Waters, and
- $495,000 at the Ariella Estate in Brabham.
Ready-built homes can be a cheaper alternative to designing and building a home from scratch, because you don’t have any potential additional costs, such as siteworks. Siteworks include earthworks and connections to power, water and sewerage that need to take place before the home-building process can commence.
The cost of siteworks varies depending on the block of land, but its typically between $10,000 and $20,000, so it can be significant investment. This cost is already factored into the price of a ready-built/turnkey house and land package like all of those that we offer at Now Living.
How can I buy a ready-built home?
We specialise in building affordable housing for first home buyers at Now Living, so the value all of our ready-built/turnkey homes falls within the eligibility criteria for the $10,000 First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) in Western Australia. You can use the FHOG for your deposit so you can move into your own home sooner, provided that:
- you’re aged over 18.
- you (or your partner) must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident.
- you (and your partner) must not have owned Australian residential property before.
- you must intend to live in your new home for at least six months within 12 months of the home loan’s settlement date. In other words, you can’t be buying an investment property to rent out to tenants.
In addition, Now Living offers ‘ Buy now, pay later’ on all ready built homes, meaning that an initial deposit is paid and nothing more until your home is complete. If you’re eligible for the FHOG in Western Australia, you’ll also pay no stamp duty on a home that you buy if it’s valued at less than $430,000, and reduced stamp duty if it’s valued between $430,000 and $530,000.
This is a significant saving, because stamp duty is an additional cost when you’re buying a property. For example, if you weren’t a first home buyer and you bought a new home worth $430,000, you’d be charged $14,440 in stamp duty. But you’ll pay ZERO stamp duty on that purchase as a first home buyer.
At Now Living, we can help you to finance the purchase of your ready-built home as a first home buyer. We have helped more than 1,100 first homeowners in WA over the last four years through The Loan Company, a mortgage broking service.
For more information about any of our Now Living ready-built/turnkey homes or how you can buy one, contact us today!